This is my first post on Ax7.0 which is now referred as Dynamics 365 operations.
Given below the steps to export data for a simple entity using Data management (DMF in earlier versions)
- Click on Export
- Enter entity details. It is also possible to filter on the entity by clicking on the header in the lookup.
4. Fill in the entity details
There are three options in “Select Fields”. All Fields/ AutoReport /Importable fields.
5. Click “Add Entity”
You will see a tick mark when the entity is added successfully.
There is an option to “Generate package” automatically when the entity is exported. If not enabled, it can also be downloaded in the final step.
There is an option to filter on the data to be exported. Click on the Filter given in the below screenshot.
6. Now, the entity is ready to be exported. Click save and Export.
7. Execution log displays as
8. It is also possible to download the package now though the option was not selected earlier.
Package file consists of 3 files as given below
Data file in the specified format
Manifest file – having entity structure
Package Header – defines entity header