As we all know , “Export to Excel” in a form exports the data of all the fields given in the form`s grid.
There may be situations where the user expects to export only few fields from the form .
There are 2 ways to do this :
- Make the Visible property of the field in the form as No. But if the user expects the field to be available, then this is not a feasible solution.
- Another ideal way with less technical intervention is form Personalisation. User can export and import the personalisation . Given below the steps to do it.
- Personalise the form by hiding the unnecessary fields. (When the session is refreshed, user will be able to see all the fields in the form)
- Export the personalisation. It is exported as XML file which has the changes for hidden fields.
- Whenever user needs to use “Export to Excel” , below steps are to be followed
- Same approach can be used for Exporting the personalisation as well.